Skip to content

Adventures in faceplate carving.

09/28/2015

I decided to try and give my Blythe a new face, it might not be easy to see from the pictures (doesn’t help that I didn’t take “real” before photos) but these are the things I’ve done:

– opened her eye holes a bit, especially at the top (to allow her eyelids to close without scraping her eyelids, which I plan to paint.)

– I sloped the bridge of her nose a bit more, as well as narrowed it just a bit. I also carved her deeper nostrils.

– carved her philtrum, making it more noticeable.

– I sanded down her bottom lip quite a bit, to remove some lines that had been carved by her previous owner. I also carved under the bottom lip. She had a lot of tool marks there, from her last carve job, that needed to be sanded away.

– I sanded her chin to give her a more defined cleft.

– I deepened her one dimple. I don’t plan on giving her a second one. What I did do was upturned her lip (more) on the dimple side, to make look like she’s giving you a half grin.

I’m really happy with how she’s turned out. I need finer sandpaper!PicsArt_1443420594894PicsArt_1443420195560

And I whipped up some hats… (my froggy stuff)

PicsArt_1443420066084

Frankie is keeping Ginger’s hair neat and tidy while Ginger has her face made over.

IMG_20150928_000644IMG_20150928_000650

New room I’m working on (with tiny “wonderland” door.)

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: